Sunday, October 16, 2011

Claveria: My Happy Thoughts in the Serene Beach



“To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” - Bill Bryson


I have been here so many times before. Sit, wait for the sunset, and listen to the waves.

Then, I began to hate the heat of the sun, the sands that stick to your skin which bonds with you until you reach home. And my mother would remind us and say, “no bringing of sands inside the house, wash up first.” Beyond doubt, they glue to your clothes, hair, and skin, even if you bathe meticulously. That’s why I stopped being in beaches since 18 years ago.


This Claveria Beach we call “BayBay” is just 2-minute walk from my folks’ house. There were even times whenever I visit during the summer or on weekends, that I  don’t even take a glance. I would rather reside in my folks’ home, cook, watch television, or read a book.

From Sentinela, I arrived at the Claveria Beach with thrill.  It was 10 o’clock in the morning. The tricycle driver who brought me there reminded me not to swim, because I was alone. So I just parked myself on the sand and paid attention to what the waves were telling. 


It is a calm ocean, which creates thoughts in your mind. These are the pictures in my mind.       



  1. Walk by the shore every sunrise and sunset (I have done this a few times)
  2. Have breakfast of “pandesal” and “cheese whiz” (I have done this with my nephew and kids)
  3. Use the boogie/body board (my brother does this so smoothly; he has had 2 boogie boards)
  4. Lay down at the sand during the night and watch “shooting stars” (I have seen 3 shooting stars)
  5. Sleep overnight at the seashore (I did this one time when I was younger)
  6. Bonfire (we have done this 3 times)
  7. Stage a concert (I have sang The Corrs songs thru a pay-videoke by the beach)
  8. Go to the beach when it is raining (I have done this once)
  9. Go to Kalayan Islands from this shore
  10. Walk this shoreline from end (Taggat) to end (Sentinela)
  11. Play Frisbee
  12. Wear 2-piece swimsuit (My cousins and I would do in some other beaches, but we don’t understand why not in our beach)
  13. Cuddle by the moonlight with my Mr. Right (who has also been looking for me, Ms. Right), whispering sweet nothings.




I will stop on that thought. 

I would always like to associate beaches with good, happy thoughts, especially “BayBay”.

It is the closest to my heart. May it not be taken for granted every time I touchdown at Claveria.

I invite you and make those happy thoughts.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The beach is very serene, indeed. "Stage a concert" is also something I would like to try. I'm not a good singer though. :)

And hey! I like your blog header!

Journeying Pinay said...

Hi Roman! When you're by the ocean, you can sing your heart out, whatever your tune is. You will feel so free! Tara, let's do that!

Thanks for complimenting my blog header. :D

Anonymous said...

Keep them coming. Looking forward for more of your adventure blogs. Nice places, nice photos and nice header as well. Just take care on your travels sis =)

Journeying Pinay said...

Thanks Thet! :)

JOV of Travex Travels said...

Nice. Mukhang maganda nga diyan sa Claveria. More power po!

Journeying Pinay said...

thanks TravEx :)