Sunday, October 16, 2011

Claveria: Alone with Ubing Ubing at Sentinela


Touchdown Sentinela. Where am I is where Ubing Ubing is. But I have to look for it (him).



In my blog, http://journeyingpinay.blogspot.com/2011/10/taggat-claveria-lagoon-and-rock.html., I mentioned about the legend of the Rock Formations of Lakay Lakay and Baket Baket. In this side of Claveria beach is their lost son called, Ubing Ubing, who turned into a rock, due to some greediness of his father, Lakay Lakay.

From Taggat Lagoon, I rode a tricycle going to “ili” or the town proper. In the market area, there is a jeepney going to Sanchez, Mira which will pass by the barangay Sentinela. I paid P12.00. From Claveria town, it was a 5-minute trip.  I was dropped off by the driver at the Sentinela Shed. There were some men and I asked in a trying hard Ilocano dialect, “Addayo pay mappan diay Beach?” (Is it far going to the beach?). The men said, “Wen. (Yes)” And they started to talk to me in Ilocano dialect, which of course brings me ‘uncomprehendable’ language in my mind. When I begin to talk in little Ilocano dialect, some locals would mistake me as someone who knows it so well. :D  After some processing in my brains, I realized they were asking why I was alone (“agmaymaysa”).

 One of the men offered me a ride in his single motorcycle. So I hopped in.



After a 2-minute rocky ride, there I was.



And I was alone. I told myself, “So this is it.” Alone, all I did was capturing the bright sunny blue sky and the cottony-white clouds, with my camera. 



I sat down on the sand under the scourging heat of the sun. It was a thorn in my skin. I have never been under this kind of high temperature before. I ceased to be in the beach many years ago. I grew weary on beaches. But am back exploring these bodies of water.  So what, with the heat of the sun?!



As I walked, I saw the other side, the rocky part. 





But I feared to go across. Ubing Ubing is there, and I have to find him. It took me a while to just stare at the other part. I was trying to figure out how to cross.





After a few walks, I observed the waves and they were low in that part, so I crossed.  It was knee-deep.




When I reached the rocky part, I can hear the crashing of waves in the rocks while I looked where Ubing Ubing is. It was at the other side. 










I couldn’t go to that area, since I was alone. So I just took a photo of the back part of Ubing Ubing. There, finally, I found him. 





It was looking at the other end of the Claveria beach where his parents were, Lakay Lakay and Baket Baket. It must have been so lonely being away from his mother and father, because of greediness.


I pondered and realized, I, too, was alone there at Sentinela, with Ubing Ubing.





It was a sunny, day at the Sentinela Beach. I was alone, but I did not feel being alone. It was time to restore myself.



I restore myself when I'm alone. - Marilyn Monroe


The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
It was time for me to go, with my board. I feared to use it, because I was alone. It could have been more exciting. I tried it. But I did not dare anymore. 

I told myself, “Next time.” Since I plan to come back, with a brave-r heart to see Ubing Ubing upfront, and sail with the waves of Sentinela. With family and friends.
 Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. - Helen Keller


4 comments:

admin said...

This place is awesome!

ganda!

Journeying Pinay said...

Yes Dar. Maganda talaga dito. Come & visit.

Riz said...

Wow! Nice place. :) I'm thinking of adding this place to my bucket list.

Journeying Pinay said...

hi riz. this place is soo near :) and so near to my heart.