Monday, October 10, 2011

Claveria, Cagayan Valley: The Tip of Luzon


Have you seen the map of the Philippines? Have you everwondered what town or province is at the tip of the map?






It is Claveria, Cagayan Valley.


I am sure that you have passed by the town’s high way whenyou were travelling from your trip to Pagudpud Beaches to Tuguegarao to see thecaves or pray in Our Lady of Piat. Or you might have taken the town’s mainroad, and have passed by the town’s auditorium, municipal hall, or the town’smarket. If you took that road, you passed by my folks’ house.


As you travelled and went uphill, you might have seen thesignboard “Claveria View Deck”. You may not have stopped but I am sure that youhave seen the beach cove from the road uphill. You might have wondered wherethat place is. Then, you headed to Tuguegarao.

If you missed stopping over, you can always come back. If you have never been in Claveria, you are always welcome to visit.

From Laoag, there are several means to get to Claveria.Either by the bus lines, Claveria Tours or St. Joseph Bus. Or thru the van.Fare is P100.00 and it will take you to a very cool, windy, curvy 2.5 hourscoastal ride to the town. From Tuguegarao, you may take the van ride which willcost you P170.00. It is a 4-hour greenly, straight road trip as you pass byrice fields and corn fields. There are also several bus lines which travel fromTuguegarao, like Chona Patrick and GMW Florida, which will pass by Claveria. Ifyou are coming from Manila, Florida Bus have several buses going to JunctionLuna or Sanchez, that pass by Claveria.

I get excited when I finally see the arch of Claveria. FromLaoag, when I am on the place they call Road Side, I can see the hill in Taggat and a peek of the Lagoon.






As I touched down, I dropped by my folks’ house tochange to a more appropriate attire for the beach. I rode the tricycle andheaded to Taggat Lagoon. In my itinerary is the Lagoon, Sentinela Beach, and BayBay (Claveria Beach).


This is the tip of the map.













4 comments:

Edmar del Castillo Guquib said...

Can't stop reading your claveria posts. I so love them... excited :)

Journeying Pinay said...

lets go there! edmar!

Rey Danh said...

This make me miss even more my hometown... nice one kababayan!

Marianne Jessica Manaday said...

wow!