Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Unforgettable North Luzon Journey


Being assigned as the “byahera” (that’s how I label what I do and make it a blessing) for North Luzon stores has enriched my life.

The moment when I touched down at every destination, 38 all in all – after a really long land travel along McArthur Hi-way, made my heart calm down; I feel safe.

Arriving in sunglasses, pretending to be a customer, was the most exciting thing. Then those who do not know me would think I was who they were all getting prepared for and get gold. :) Dah-ha.
Seeing teams happily smiling, or in spite of loads of tasks to do – relieves me of the monotony of my long travel.

And it starts to energize my every muscle.
Knowing a little bit or a little bit more about their lives has touched me.
Their thoughtfulness and sweetness had made me so, too.
Their courage made me brave-r. Such that when stormy days follow me during my visits, I stay alive and still see them.:) 
Those simple kumustahan secured me that they are all right. If not so, I hoped to have enlivened them, and made them overcome and move on.

Being inside those cubes would take my breath away, literally. I usually stay somewhere open.
They know very well how absorbed I am to stay in their territories. And how i try to be awake to catch the graveyard and witness the closing event. They have seen me chase buses.

But I chose to stuck myself, talking and dining with them in the four walls of their comfort zones. And i loved that. I loved listening to the stories of their lives and dreams. And understanding the circumstances of their daily living.

Hence I did not get to roam around  and see which places they spend their rest days.

But I chose to explore around during my rest days and planned vacation. :)

Journey, visit Kapurpurawan & the monstrous Windmills, Laoag! Also, Vigan at night is romantic. Ilocandia never fail to amaze me. Your e-tour is worth exploring it in the actual.







Journey, surf safely in San Juan, La Union! Or just watch people surf. Or roam around and look around. I just stared at the beach when i went there.  That is simply spectacular!

Journey, visit the creations of Ben Cab Museum, and chill at the restaurant, Baguio! Or walk along Camp John Hay. Feel the air and hug the pine trees. It will ease your spirits! Or have a great spelunking cave adventure in Sagada. 











Journey, visit the hundred islands, Pangasinan! It would be reviving to look at those islands that God created.  Or Look at those hills of Sual. The greens will refresh you when you go back to work.





Journey, healthy food tripping Pampanga! Taste every delicacy. The Hot-Air Balloon Fest was heart warming. It will empower you to fly high!



Journey, trek to Mount Pinatubo, Tarlac! Those 3 hours will burn some fats and at the end will be a picturesque view of the crater lake.






Journey, catch the sunset, and see the Capones Cove, Zambales! The orange sky will energize you!

Journey, watch the dolphins, the birds and the sea lions, Subic! A short time with animal creatures will surely make you appreciate the wildlife.




I hope that I was able to add value to their lives in my simplest ways and words; thru my open-mindedness, patience, warmth and sincerity; which i gained from the official and personal travels.
More than work, I am glad to have established closeness and friendship to most of them. :)

Getting in touch to talk about living our lives would be a great moment when I see them again.

Life is a full circle, round like the earth we live in. There is: family, work, community, friends, birds, flowers, seas, mountains, caves, waterfalls, and God. At the end of each day, what is left is yourself. Whatever I mean by this, is up for you to decipher.

Live Laugh Love. And make every moment count. Traveling gave me wider perspectives and horizons. Look at the sky and the clouds, taste the rain, touch the water! And dealing with life becomes simpler and more enjoyable. Thus, I love to live. 



"Dako akong kalipay nga nakig-trabaho sa inyong tanan. Magkita kita ta sa sunod didto sa North Luzon" (It has been a pleasure working with you all. See you when I see you in North Luzon!)

I move on with a grateful heart.
Hasta La Vista  North Luzon!

Meantime, let me spread happiness in enchanting Visayas and some more fun and love in Beautiful Mindanao! 

Falls in Siquijor

San Juan, Siquijor

Camiguin
Camotes Island, Cebu

Camotes Island, Cebu

Tuasan Falls, Camiguin

Casaroro Falls, Valencia, Negros Oriental

Guess where? :) 


Cateel, Davao Oriental
Natigbasan Falls, Bukidnon

Polomolok, South Cotabato

House of Manny Paquiao :) Saranggani
Kapatagan, Digos, Davao del Sur

Camp Sambros, Digos, Davao del Sur (overlooking Mt. Apo)

Cagayan de Oro River! Ayo-Ayo!

The more I see, the more love I have in myself, the more love I give to others. The greater person I become. I am more than what you think I am. I do more than what you think I do. Enjoy life! I do!

***************************
This post is for North Luzon.
Todo Norte!

15 comments:

KULAPITOT said...

being a traveler kelangan ng lakas ng loob ... bilib ako sayo at nakapagtravel sa kung saan saan :0 ingat sa bawat travel mo ha :)

Unknown said...

BaBye muna North Luzon! ^_^

joan | the backpack chronicles said...

Ako kaya kelan makakatapak sa North Luzon? Nakakahiya mang sabihin pero ang pinakamalayo ko pa lang napuntahan dun is Sagada. Hahaha

Unknown said...

We miss your oh-so-descriptive blogs te heiz! :-)

Edmar del Castillo Guquib said...

Ilarga na ang mga write-ups dali! Namimiss na namin yun mga kwento mo :)

Shiela Aguado said...

Sana makapunta rin ako sa mga lugar na yan. i'll be following your blog from now. I'll appreciate if you will do the same. Thanks :)

-xoxo

Journeying Pinay said...

kulatipot. tama. kailangan matapang. courageous, brave. thank you.

joanna @ backapackchronicles. nakapag ifugao ka na, norte din yun. soon, you can explore ilocandia and the rest. it is easier, and cheap too. you have more time now, so go.

paula. ohyeah. i miss to write too.

edmar. malapit nang mailarga. miss ko na din magkwento. abangan.

sheila. thank you for reading. oo naman, in proper time, you will conquer those places. what is your blogsite?

more joyous journeys everyone!

Journeying Pinay said...

thank you Kulatipot :) i sure do have all the courage!

Journeying Pinay said...

i miss NL na! <3

Journeying Pinay said...

add ifugao to that Joan! go Ilocandia, it is history youll walk on!

Journeying Pinay said...

i miss it too Paula. :) Thanks.

Journeying Pinay said...

ayan may bago na Edmar! :) had been busy making honey. you can always chat or text me, and it will be never ending untold stories!

Journeying Pinay said...

shiela, surely! :) Thank you.

Journeying Pinay said...

ohhh sinipag magreply. double replies for you! double love! :)

Unknown said...

Hi! I am planning to go backpacking in North Luzon... I was wondering if you can tell me where to begin from Manila... Should I take a plane to Laoag then go by land back passing by Baguio, La Union etc.?... Thanks.