Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cagayan River: Boat Ride at the Longest and Widest River


After whispering some prayers at St. Philomene Church, I rode a tricycle going to the area where some folks say, there are boats. Because I was looking for the way to the Cagayan River.  It was near the Philomene Church. But I had to walk a little.



When I was at the riverbank, I asked, “Is there a boat going to the next town? What is the next town?” The boatmen seemed stunned with my question. They asked me, “Why?” That was a simple question, but my explanation is difficult to put into words and the discussion might be as wide and long as the river in front of me. So I said just like in facebook, “I Like.”

Then I asked, “How much? How much is the rent going to the next town?” One boatman told me that it costs seventy pesos to go across. So there are houses across? That was another interesting destination. But I just wanted to take a boat ride along the longest river, from Alcala to Gattaran, the next town from where I was.



So the boatman was good enough to be able to compute. And one boatman was kind enough to accept.

There I was, aboard the boat, with Mr. Boatman, Jun and his assistant. I just savored the ride. Has anyone done this crazy idea?




If my dad was alive, he would tell me, “You crazy, brave girl!”  I really don’t intend to tell my mom yet. Even at my age now, I wouldn’t scare my mom of my whereabouts. If I would tell my relatives, they would just either nod or shake their heads in amazement that there is a crazy traveller in the family.

The deal was just 30 minutes boat ride. The boat man said that he would pull up in the riverbank near the hi-way so that I can take a ride. Before he can even turn the boat to the right, I saw this sandy land. It was low low tide, and it was there, so I asked that we stop over. And watch the sunset. Wooohooo! :D Ang saya koh!









Dusk was starting to cover the sky. We crossed the river. I had to go by the hi-way and take my ride going to my next destination. Wherever that will be.




Nagbarangaynak kang Cagayan River.

4 comments:

Batang Lakwatsero said...

ang galing. gusto ko din gawin to :) parang ang saya masyado.

Tin said...

A traveler indeed! Magawa nga rin to minsan.:)

Journeying Pinay said...

sarap ng boat rides Ivan. ang next goal ko, yung masmalayo pa, cruising cagayan river. :D
sama ka.

Journeying Pinay said...

Thanks Tin.