Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dear God: Can I Have This Chance Everyday?



Dear God,

I have always believed that it is no accident when you let people cross each other’s paths. It is a set up. And it is always good. 

When you let him cross mine, I was amazed. And I kept wondering why. Until now, I do. And I know that I will only recognize what you have been plotting on later. Or maybe never?  And I really discern that I have to bring together all the wisdom in this world to even surmise. Or not even enough.

You filled my work hours with a lot of his giggling passionate remarks. I had to peek into that other window in my work laptop just to get a possibility to reply to him. Because I know that it was more worth it. 

You filled my sleepless nights with his intriguing queries that I just had to stare at the words that emerge as he chat me. That later I had to give in and tell the truth. It was truly strange when he had to like most of my face photos. Nobody has ever done that.

You let us get so close that I could not even resist his invites. You let me trust his purest intentions. At a grown-up age, who would think that this was a joke?

You had to make him so nice and thoughtful and sweet and irresistible and lovable. Who would think that he would make you fall into a pit?

There were moments that I waited for you to let him keep in touch. I patiently waited. And it would always be a surprise when he does pop up to greet me “hello.” You bring smile to my face because I knew that it will be a never ending typing. And smiling. And giggling. And a lot of “lol”.

You let me eat ice cream with him in a cold evening. You granted me a possibility to talk to him endlessly. Laugh. Listen to the music that we both like. Discuss people’s behaviours that we don’t like. And talk about someone else’s life, someone we both love.

You let me see him. Meet him. Kiss him. Hug him.

You had to surprise me. That it never ever made me think so seriously. And it did not sink in my mind. And when it all dawned on me, you had to make me believe. That it is true. And accepting it is hard. Is it even true?

You let me soak in this sadness. Diminish my joy. I was submerged in a ruined state. And I cannot do anything about whatever you are planning to do.

So, can I just wish now?

Can I wish for more time? So that we can just talk side by side about sweet nothings until we doze off snoring?

Can you give more time so we can have a movie time together of a really cheesy love story? or listen to music that we both like? or talk nonsense and hate all the people we don't like?

Can you give me more time so that we can laugh until we cry? Talk until we lost our voices?

Can you let me travel along with him? That while some of his friends do their business, the two of us can enjoy and have fun together and make it last?

Can I wish to have this chance every day? And forever?

You let me bring back life and rejoice in my heart. Only you can do that. And only you can take it away. And get it back.

If you do, can you just create him to become little stars? Make him a face of heaven? That the entire world will be in love with the night?

Can you create him to become butterflies to fill a garden of flowers?




Can you make him a sunbeam that smacks right thru the ocean and expose the world under? That the entire earth be amazed with the water world?

Can you make him into a drop in the waterfalls that creates ripples? Make him create the trickling sounds that make waterfalls fantastic?



Can you make him the summer breeze that touches the skin and make it sun kissed?
Can you craft him to become a wave so that surfing is always terrific?
Can you make him a mountain so that climbers will praise in the summit?

I will climb this mountain again. 


I will swim across to reach that monument. Just so he has more time. And live longer. Or how about just give his life back? So he can stay forever?



Only you can do all that. You are almighty. And whatever it is, I am grateful to you, for making me cross his path. Let it be. So be it. You are God. 

Amen.






2 comments:

etc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Journeying Pinay said...

i am too.