Saturday, May 26, 2012

Fuga Island's Church Ruins

I had to climb a steep cemented staircase to see this majestic church ruins.




It was noon time. The heat of the sun was penetrating my skin. But this architecture on top of the hill is enchanting!






You would think that this structure was out of place on top of the hill, overlooking the ocean. I think it was perfect.






There used to be a golden bell that vanished.



There was also a statue that is believed to have cursed people.




The opening at the right of this intricate structure is a home of some birds.


Somewhere here is where they got that jar of century old coins.


So beautiful to look at. But young and old died here, blazed by fire.
How I wanted to get inside all the partitions. And explore. But I had to climb through the walls.
So I just sat on this window, closed my eyes, and whispered a prayer for every soul.







No comments: