Friday, May 25, 2012

Fuga Island: Spreading Happiness


These are the times when I have difficulty writing. As I am overpowered by humility, concern, and care. I should have brought much more. That would have brought more smiles, from the young and the old. But my much is not even enough. With the purity of heart and sincerity of spirit, I sailed thru the waves, with the entire valor to conquer my fear of the sea.


I did not know how to start it. I was helped by the family I knew to give. In return, I got guitar playing, singing of Ilocano songs, I did not even understand, but sounded so lovely. All for a cute stuffed toy, toothbrush or for a lunch kit.  We had to raffle it off since I did not so much to give. 






My feeling is that same feeling when I fall in love when I savor God’s wonderful creations. Speechless, I was smiling all thru out, my heart bursting, overjoyed. I was drenched with God’s grace and love, I could lift my hands in praise!

On rainy days, the sea is wild and not providing. If the chests that contain their own produce of red rice, mongo, and other root crops go empty, what do you think they can fill their stomach with? When someone dies, they have to bury within twenty four hours. There is no emergency boat that stays in the island. That is just what I have heard. I do not know much.

I wish I had more notebooks and pencils. I wish I had so much cookies and biscuits. I wish I had so much clothes. To give.

That is all I could say now. And this is what I love to do.

*******************************
In my desire to go back to this island, I am coordinating with a high school friend who can help me out for a medical mission in the island.

No comments: