Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fuga Island: Islet of Mabag



Everdearest SBL   , Sir.

Yes I heard that you own the islet. Wow! I got so curious, that even if they were warning me, I insisted on going.

I rented a boat from the main island. So that I can land my feet on its sands. Maybe my charm worked. So I was able to get in, somehow.

Get in? Oh no! If you read this, am sure it will be a surprise for you. A great surprise! I respect you highly. I was just sight-seeing. J Trying to see the view and the vastness of the sea from your island, from your veranda. I just sat down on the bench from the entrance. I was really shy to get in. I asked the man if I can still go inside, he said yes. Yehey! Yoohoo!

So I went inside your garden. There was a transistor radio, and the music made the ambiance lovelier. I sat there. And watched the sea and the other islet, Barit. What a relaxing way to spend your vacation here. You already! (Ikaw na!) Haha. You are so blessed to have inherited this from your hardworking parents. Oh I really don’t know. I am just assuming you did. As they said, this was owned by your father. I use to hear his name blurted out by my father when I was a young innocent kid. Because my father grew up in Claveria, he somehow knows the prominent names. My mother told me that my aunt used to go to Mabag, as she was friends with… Oh sorry I did not get much of the details. I can ask somebody I know, but I didn’t have the guts to.




I am writing because I would like to let you know how much I appreciate the Islet of Mabag. How I wish I could enter and see the backyard. They said it is where the helicopter lands. But they said there is a bigger airport. Wow! But I am not allowed to go there. They told me there is a ranch full of wild horses which I cannot ride. Sayang naman! J

I envy your visitors and friends who can freely roam around and stay in your simple rest house. Or maybe ride the horses. How humble. And how plain. I will not say that it is an extravagant home, because, really it was not. You are just so blessed that you have a beautiful island.

I gathered all this courage to write this and say to you, “Can I stay for a week in your place?” Maybe some of my travel friends can join me.

Why? I would just like to wake up in a quiet island like Mabag. Watch the sunrise. Use your ATV to roam until the cliff, where the island ends, how I see it from Sitio Mudok’s punta point. That would be fun. What would be more enjoyable is to ride the wild horses. I just hope they know when to stop, when am near the chasms. I can do all these in another place, right? But the grandeur of what is outside of your house feels differently from all the other places I have been. I know that the shore extended to 5 meters before, and now it is shorter. But it still looks beautiful to me.



This wish, is not as brave as it is written, as I fear to ride the 2-engine boat again. Those waves kill my joyful soul. So can I have that airlift from Taggat to Mabag instead? It can be from Manila to Mabag. Wishful thinking. Hilarious wishing.  This is really so funny of me. But it is not funny when the waves just sweep your boat away to the other direction, right? That would be something serious to ponder upon.

I don’t even know who you are, Sir.

And I hope you do not know me too. Am sure that my dead father would be telling me now to stop writing this. But I am writing it anyway. I can, right?

I would just like to go around the island, thru the sea. Or stray around, walking. Then sleep in one of those rooms. Or I can bring a tent, (oh I don’t have a tent) So I will just get a mat, lay down and watch the stars at night. But you see, when I slept in Sitio Mudok, I slept outside of a house, in a simple wooden bench. So after stargazing in my mat, can I be sheltered in one of those rooms? And doze of soundly, with open glass doors, with the sounds of the waves as my background music? It is such a magnificent place. I cannot put all my awe into words.

I am not begging. I am writing and letting you know what I am wishing for. 

Oh I think I asked if I can, in the first part of this letter. I can maybe, but I may not. That depends on you, Sir.

I just feel so lucky that I was able to take a peek on what the Islet of Mabag has. Super fortunate, indeed. It is more than this feeling of being blessed. I feel proud. Ahaha. It was like going to a place where I am not allowed to go. Where I had no permission to enter. But I was there.

Of course those people who allowed me to get in, didn’t know I was going to write to you. Seriously.
If ever this letter reached you, please do consider my wish sincerely. And I would deeply appreciate it if you grant it.   And by the way, not on rainy days please. J Hmm, my profile is in the Just Heiz of this site. And my numbers are there. So, shall I be waiting for that call, Sir? For the invite? Ahaha. This is amusing. Or do you even have a facebook account where I can add you as my friend? 

Oh Sir, I really fell in love with Fuga Island and Mabag. And Barit. This is paradise!

How I long to go back and linger. 

Very truthfully yours,
Journeying Pinay

6 comments:

estan said...

lagot ka. hahaha

Journeying Pinay said...

ahaha. oo nga. polite naman ako dito. :)

Sherwin Alegre Ancheta said...

I was moved by your courage in writing this article, last April 2006 we were able to see and roam inside the islet Mabag BUT with the condition that no cameras should be brought inside the island. We insisted anyway to bring cameras and luckily we took some pictures but they never allowed us to even focus our lenses on their beautiful rest house. I heard it's a private island/islet originally owned by the Marcoses but later given as a gift to the son of the owner of the Logging Company once based in Taggat, Claveria, Cagayan.

Journeying Pinay said...

hala, sherwin. i never said anything like that. thank you, of course i am brave to write this. i wish to stay there diba? :) of course i have photos of all over. but with respect to the owner, who will dare post about his privacy? i will never dare. because i do not want that to happen to anyone too. i wrote this with all modesty and grace.

Admin/Author said...

Honestly, I got so curious about Fuga Island. Indeed, looking at the google map, there is an air strip on the northwest part of the island! and looking at that rest house, it is not small! hehehe...

Journeying Pinay said...

don't ask me Ding. I do not know. did i say the house was small? I think i said it was simple. :)