Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bicolandia: The Deer Farm



It was not Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder (or Donner), and Blitzen that are scattered on the huge ground in this mountain of  Ocampo, Camarines Sur, known as Mount Isarog. But their sisters, brothers and cousins, I suppose are all here. J

The deer that came approaching me was cheerful and maybe it thought I was there to play with. Or maybe that was what I thought. J It was smelling me. Its antlers are short and budding. With the presence of the grass scattered all over the ground by the caretaker, the deer immediately focused itself on eating its snacks, together with other deers.

The sight of enormous herd naturally growing its clan in this mountain gives me hope. The child in me, seeing these animals I only have seen in Disney books, reminds me of Bambi the lost deer in the woods. Brave and wise. Living in a jungle with all the different species of animals is courageous and thrilling. That is what travelling had contributed to my being. More valor and excitement in life.





I am sure that taking a trip to Bicol would be enjoyable to children. Do bring your kiddos to the deer farm. Its naturalness – deers scattered in the vast grassy land – is more fantastic than seeing animals caged in some zoo. The mountain breeze makes your children and even you experience the wonderful wild.

I love Bicolandia!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gusto ko rin maka-bonding mga deer....:-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.