Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bicolandia: Camarines Sur’s Watersports Complex


The word Bicol has stirred a lot of curiosity in my brains. What I know is that it is not the name of a province. That curiosity led me to my desires to have a road trip with Grant, my then new car, Toyota Vios. What got me trapped was getting lost in direction. The path was indistinct. Cowardice caught me. My stubbornness to look at maps made it difficult for me to even spot it in the Philippine map.

But life is full of surprises! Tagging with a friend and her friend J is a mark of my impulsiveness. I just packed. Then I was on my way to Bicolandia.




Landing at Camsur (Camarines Sur) Watersports Complex or CWC brought out the sportsperson in me. Why not? After all, there is no harm in trying. That thought of drowning was trying to have a place in my thoughts. I got tense at one instance, and as an amateur, I was in that track of a ramp; and panicked on what to do. There I was, just floating, trying to reach for my board. Had I gone up to the ramp, I would have been thrown elsewhere by the impact of banging my head at the wooden ramp – and of fear. My heart still palpitates at this recall.



Getting on the board another time is bravery. Pushing me to do things such as this had started to arouse those untamed spirits in my being. Wild and liberated. Doing it again and again would not be exhausting. It was truly uplifting. Not being able to do a 360-degree completion was never discouraging. Getting my own board creates pride as I get out of the water and carry my own board. Going back to the starting line makes me proud of myself. To try and try until I make it. Just like what my other two friends did.

There is not really a difference between wakeboarding (or kneeboarding) and living one’s life. It is amusing, sometimes frantic, sometimes a replicate of events; and there would always be people around you to give a pat on your back and say, “great job!”; or people who offer genuine friendship, who are just close by when you need them. But when you are left alone to do things on your own and drive your own life, it leaves you with only faith to hang on to, survive, stay alive, just breathe, and carry on. But it should always be a lot of fun, you know. After all, we have to enjoy this life. And make each moment count.


I would definitely go back to CWC, stand up on my board, and with all confidence, wakeboard infinitely. Until I master it. And do it close to perfect. And circle around and around, with laughter of joy. And to enjoy those things that life offers.



Happy Joyous Journeys Everyone!

*********************************************************
To Joie & Joy - Thank you soooo much for letting me tag along!

This trip was in August 2011.

No comments: