Saturday, January 4, 2014

Batanes Isles: Batan Island’s Stunning South

Is it really important that I know where I am headed to? As you know, I have been travelling without a map and Wandering in Batan Island made me lost my sense of direction. I need a compass, I thought. On second thought, I want to get lost. I usually am, unintentionally. 



So I went South, I think. So that is where the marine sanctuary is. I was promised to be given permit. In this chilly windy day? No way. I might get out of the water frozen and cannot let go!






I satisfied myself with all the rock formations at sea. I do not sightsee in the view deck. I go near the view. And did you see those two people fishing? That is how I look at the view. To the tiny details. If only I was allowed to go down further. I tied my flowing skirt at the sides so I can trek here. And chill.






The coastal ride on a sunny afternoon was breath taking.

In a motorbike, I can see an open view and even look back to see these three caves. I just had to stop. And I wanted to go down. I was told that I can go back sometime. And fish. That sounds really nice! And this is just one of the things I missed to do and one of the reasons I am going back soon to Batanes Isles.




Then I was drowned with so much sea. And so much “Blow Ur Horn!” 




I borrowed a bike that was parked. Biked a bit. 




I was told that this place is famous. But this really did not catch my attention. 




As I said, I look back, literally, when I travel. And sometimes that is what I like better than what I see forth.



I went far enough to Itbud. Saw the ghost village. It was believed that there was a tidal wave that swept all of them. I did not bother to go near anymore. It was observed that people started going back and building their lives again. The harshness of typhoon Odette in August 2013 can still be seen around here.





I went farther. I was uphill and I wanted to stop while on a rocky path. And savor what I was seeing looking back. There are just so many wonderful landscapes that can only be captured in memory. 



The orange sky was a sign of dusk. Even if how many “Let’s go” I hear, I remain where I was, enjoying the breeze. I always ignore the fact that I am so far away and that going home in a motorbike in uphill-downhill cliffs is not much safe. 



I just couldn’t let this view let go of my sight. The journeying me is equivalent to “stop stop stop right here now” moments especially when my heart looks through my eyes. And that would be most divine. 



I have not written all of how Batanes Isles has charmed me. You see, words are not enough. I would rather tell it live to you with all my passion. But most of the time, I really cannot say a word and I will end up just telling all of you to go and see. It is not over-rated. I am not exaggerating. This is my own experience. And it has given me so much love and has regained my senses to consider the most important things that matter in my life. And all i can say is, whatever I missed to explore in South Batan will remain. And I cannot linger to be back soon.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Its sound's quite funny you lost your mind during the visit. Batan Island. :D
Batan Island is a wonderful place for all type of visitor. Usually peoples lost their problem when they reached there. When i read your ravel story, smile is always on my face. Now i am going new york to greensboro in bus. It's my first bus travel experience.

Unknown said...

I think am gonna go crazy when I finally go here. :-)

ina mendoza said...

how much is the airfare to Basco