Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Year of Journeying in 2012: The Real Solo (Part 1)



Whenever I look at my travel calendar of the year 2012, it amazes me. It is marked with places I have been to. Some planned ahead, some impromptu. Some trips are with some travel bloggers, or with travellers whenever they feel like travelling with me, especially when I am in their territories.
Since I have been travelling more, most of these travels remain un~blogged and untold.

Today, as I look back, let me try to integrate how it has been.



In January, meeting friends in Singapore had been overwhelming. Having five sets of friends from different parts of my existence was wonderful: Yam from previous work; Peegees (Ena, Leng, Dioms & Jane) of Laguna, also from previous work; Sheng, a childhood summer friend and neighbour at folks’ hometown; Auntie Haidee; and Viv, a close college classmate. 









Having been treated with so much hospitality bonded the friendship with stronger security. Sometimes, own plans are given up as friendship is more treasured and considered more important. Having dinner, sleeping together, or just walking around the Merlion City, talking, laughing, or crying were even better than watching the musical light show at the Marina Bay Sands. Listening to how they have progressed with their lives, their future plans, and how they have been was truly enriching.

Since I started the year travelling & finding old friends, I was sure I would be looking for more friends of the past during my travels within the year. Not for reunion purposes, but more of making friendships real and not stuck to some cyberspace. I love to hug & kiss my friends. It makes everyone of us younger and feels even better. I am sure of that. Now, I already miss them all.

***********************************
This is the first part of the series:
A Year of Journeying in 2012: The Real Solo 

No comments: