Thursday, October 31, 2013

Travel: I Fly With My Dreams



a travel friend once observed and told me, "you are getting bolder, braver in your travels and adventures."


when i told another friend that i went to KM 0 in Governor Generoso, he asked me, "what did you do there?"


I replied, "I went up to the ruins of the old lighthouse to see a perfect view of the pacific ocean. then i went to the rock forms."


He then asked, "why do you do that?" "who was with you?" "alone?" "i have never even been there" and even said, "you might have been kidnapped."


until now, i am left speechless not because i cannot answer him but because i know that whatever i will utter, he will not believe, anyway. so why bother give a reply?


most of you who travel, maybe like the way i do, solo, would have ready answers to those questions. and might be similar to mine. i am still smiling thinking of those thoughts in my mind on how i could have answered. but i chose to give my answer to those who truly care.


and by the way, i am not racing in my travels. i am not in a hurry. so why tell me that "you have never even been there, and that i have been there, with the perspective that you have been living near the area, and i got ahead of you?" c'mon man. chill.


and am sure you have never ever been to where i have been. and i don't care. and i will never tell where i have been so far to those who do not even care.


what i know is that i know who i am, what i want, and what i can do.

and that i am happy.

so stop racing with me.

i am not.

i don't race.

i fly with my dreams.


Don't race in your travels.

Fly with your dreams.



1 comment:

hopslam said...

I agree! there are always those that just don't understand the desire to "go", experience new things and taste new foods.
Some have Wanderlust....some just don't.