Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Makati: Rain or Shine At The Junction Hostel

I live by myself in Manila and I really do not need to be sheltered in another home. But sometimes, I just feel the need to visit friends or relatives, eat, and sleep in their homes around Manila. For a change. 

Staying in a hostel in Manila would be the last option. Because I can always go home or knock at my friends’ or relatives’ homes. But when I travel, I go to a hostel. When I went to Beijing, China; in Cameron Highlands, Malaysia; in Melaka, Malaysia; in Banwa, Puerto Princesa; in Camotes Island, Cebu; in Siquijor; and many others. I love staying in hostels.


When I entered Junction Hostel in Makati, I was thrilled. The wide common area, which is also the dining area, looks comfortable and friendly. 








The map of the world never fails to attract my senses to travel more.








The TV area felt like I wanted to stay here, read a book, or watch a bit of some shows.






This nook is where the rain keeps pouring and the sun keeps on shining, all at the same time!! Amazing, isn’t it?




The bedroom is just right to sleep with friends. You are assured to have your gadgets charged all the time. I slept at the upper deck and surprisingly, I slept soundly. The bed and the pillow are soft enough to bring me to sweet dreams.










The bathroom inside the room is spacious. I love hot showers and you can get it here at the Junc.



You can even dry your hair, maybe using all three for a quick dry!



The corridors are not cramped. And everything that you can read on the walls would inspire you to travel more. 





The rules? Be smart and read between the lines. And you might just be saving some for the environment to linger, and live more.









The wash area is simple & cool. There is a microwave, toaster, and whatever will make your breakfast complete. Simple things to make one’s stay convenient.










Staying in a hostel in Makati is about seeing travel friends. The “look & feel” of a hostel near home may not excite me. But being in a hostel and meeting travelers, making new friends, and learning from them is what is more stimulating. What added to the amity is the ambiance. I remember uttering, “I love the vibes here.” And it was not easy leaving. The staffs were fine and polite, and not too pushy. They will let you be. 




Most of all, meeting the owner, who conceptualized this Junc, inspired me. She mentioned that she was happy to put up a place where people can interface with other travelers. And even if they are not travelling, can unwind, settle down, and slow down in a place like Junction Hostel. 








I did just that. All you would want to do in Junc is this...



And while inside, you can actually be stirred to do this...


Begin your adventure in a hostel. Stay another night.





Only at Makati Junction Hostel.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

A Makati hotel is often the residence of choice for young professionals. Earning a living in the city has made this option a necessity for these professionals.