Saturday, May 24, 2014

Palawan's El Nido: My Sanctuary, Talikwas EcoLodge



It is always a good time to be back in a beautiful island. It will be short but I am certain to make it sweet. All I wanted to do is delight in every way and appreciate whatever comes my way.



And the best thing happens. It always does occur in my very spontaneous travels. That moment when you are not ready for anything that even the petty things become surprising. That feeling when that moment comes and you become amazed by the consequences. And that feeling when you know your spirit would like to stay behind. Linger more. And just be trapped.

I make myself vulnerable for bombshells of freedom when I travel. I make sure that I am prepared to be stunned. I sort of attract the good vibes and make myself feel self-assured that there will be a good thing that will emerge. 


Then a message arrived, “I will pick you up in a kayak.” Followed by, “Have a vegetarian dinner.” And, “You can stay here.At Talikwas Eco-Lodge.”




For someone looking for an out-of-the-blue adventure, that was not interpreted as simple. Those few words sounded wonderful. After finding the Hidden Beach and after the revelation of the Secret Beach, those really were worth looking forward to. 

The sailboats in sight were enough to make me start dreaming of owning one and sailing docking to the ports of this world. Yes, they usually dock near the cliff where Talikwas Eco-Lodge is hiding.

Then that house in the cliff. What a fanatical dusk behind me while I moved my feet up towards this modest sanctuary. Listening to sailors who have travelled the world navigating through the vast ocean waters, gearing away from that horrific nightmare Hurricane Yolanda, moving sails to the Equator – was a bonus. Meeting people who have quit carrying their backpacks, buying a sailboat impulsively, travelling from New Zealand to the Philippines, and all around the world – was even more inspiring. Eavesdropping to the soul of a Belgian Lady who is practically doing the “Eat Pray Love” thing in this safe haven – was thrilling. That wanderer in me suddenly drifted in the air, wanting to decide that instant, to leave everything at present, and move forward and start the journey that I have been dreaming of. Then it popped, “You want to go on a sailing trip?” A question I could not resist that moment. My heart loudly replied, “Yes!!!!” 




The vegetarian dinner was a mix of culture and spices. I believe that is what happens when someone has wandered a lot. One’s identity is not lost. But the spirit evolves to an enriched human being, with intense profundity. That even the saltiness or the sourness of cooking becomes interesting. That even which manner you consume the food on the table will not matter. But finishing all up would really matter somehow. For the hands of farmers and fishers that worked solidly. 

Even the flavours of the tea would reflect the diversity, black tea, green tea, citrus, or berry, with sugar or maybe milk. 

What matters is what binds each one together. To each of its own individuality. Unique-ness. Happy-ness. Of freedom to do what is destined.

One prefers to go back to Tambobo Bay. The couple will sail as long as there is an ocean. The other will go backpacking and have all the holidays he will declare for himself. The other will decide in a day or two of what she really wants to happen. The other soul gave himself a year to be stuck in the last frontier. And I. And I began to think.

And I think. I think I need to go back to this haven, Talikwas Eco-Lodge, and do some thinking. And reflect on what matters.


This is not a place for everybody. Talikwas Eco-Lodge is for the noisy soul yearning for calmness, like the sea by the cliff.

This is not a place for just sight seeing. Talikwas Eco-Lodge is for looking deep into one’s heart what matters most.

This is not a place for sleeping souls. Talikwas Eco-Lodge is for awakening the weakend spirit.

This is not a place to depart this breathtaking life.

Talikwas Eco-Lodge is a life giving sanctuary. It is a place where to breathe all the wonderful life back into one’s spirit. It is a revelation.

This is not a place to get stuck with. Talikwas Eco-Lodge is the beginning of one’s journey and become free! The fulfilment of dreams; the jumpstart of ultimate happy-ness. And get movin’.

It may only be you. Or many. It helps sometimes. The more, the crazy-ier. The more, life gets merrier.

Life is fiddly sometimes. It has its downs. And it is always good to have one. To take a little break and reflect or renew.

I found another sanctuary. Now in Bacuit, Palawan. One of my favourite places, El Nido. And I am sharing it with you.

********

Get fetched with a Yellow Kayak by George.

Contact Number: +639154224508






No comments: