Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Siquijor: A Tour with Joam & Amjo


when i travel, i just. :)

i ask around and find my way. yes, i travel solo. (that post is under construction in my mind)

but this time, i will try having a tour buddy. recommended by Mervin, the Pinoy Adventurista, when he saw my post, he gave me the contact number. 

meet Joam, tour guide. and Amjo, his tricycle. my tour buddies for the day in SiQuijor.


J - jolly tour guide. when he fetched me at the siquijor port, he was with Amjo. and he called me with his smiling eyes, with a simple nod. cool, he seems nice. in my mind: i am safe.



O - okay sa olrayt. he offered to carry my heavy backpack. i am not used to that. coz i carry my own bags all the time. he did not stop talking and telling. he would stop only when he breathes. :) i wanted him to pause, so that i can savor what my eyes were seeing. i was just listening the entire time, and i was just enjoying the ride.



A - amazing that he knows every detail of the place. becaaaaause --- he used to be an accredited tour guide of the travel agencies, for Siquijor. very courteous, polite. gracious, and gentleman-ly.


M – macho. hahaha. he will laugh if he reads this. m- for matiyaga (patient). he was tolerant of my unexpected stop overs at the not-touristy sceneries. i would tell, “wait, i will take a photo of that.” he would not discontinue driving  and say to me, “there is a better view.” and he is right. all the time. he would insist taking my picture, but since i am used to being on my own, i have a tripod.  and he just watched me take my own photos. and take his photos. haha. that's why i have photos of him. m- for maasahan. i did not have any place to sleep yet,that night. he knew a safe place near their home. when i went to the mountains, i told him i would wake up early at 5am so that he can fetch me by 6am so that we can cover many places. he said it was too early but he was there, on time. (he wanted me to sleep more). i had to go to the port by 5am the next day, though i said i know where to go, i was surprised he was there to fetch me. and when i tell him, pose for a photo, he does. ahaha! coolness. he knew i wanted to be solo, he would let me be on my own.



when you go to Siquijor, it is all right that you go "on your own", and explore, solo or with your friends. it is a 72-kilometer coastal-ride. you can bike or motorbike. and savor the very beautiful sceneries in silence.



but those stories, history of the place, and many other details, told by a tour guide, are enriching. and you might miss those other “hidden” places, when you are by yourself. so, for a solo traveller like me, who has honed my skills in interfacing with the locals, anywhere, i think sometimes, a tour guide is worth it, if it is Joam.



with all his narration, i appreciated Siquijor. that is one of the things that made me enjoy & love SiQuijor. My jolly, okey sa olrayt, amazing, and matiyaga at maaasahang tour buddy. J-O-A-M.

****************************************************
You may contact Joam Camingao at 0927.693.20.95
When you see him, say "Hi! and Thank you again", for me.





15 comments:

Pinoy Adventurista said...

really an awesome guide! super maasikaso yan si Kuya Joam! really a highly recommended guide in Siquijor! more power to Kuya Joam and his family... hope to visit Siquijor again, soon! ^_^

oh, by the way, thanks for the mention... :)

Journeying Pinay said...

hi Mervin. :) yure welcome. and Thanks too.

Anonymous said...

nice sissy!

Journeying Pinay said...

thanks :))

Anonymous said...

http://siquijortour.blogspot.com/

vhanessa777 said...

thank you so much for i now have my idea getting a tour guide whom i can surely trust..thank u..c:

Journeying Pinay said...

you are welcome vanessa :) happy travels!

Anonymous said...

do you know a tour guide in tagbilaran?

Journeying Pinay said...

hi. so sorry, i have not been there yet. and i do not know any tour guide in tagbilaran.

Anonymous said...

Last Sunday while going around Siquijor ,we were teasing kuya joam.Na popular siya sa internet and I promised to send him a link of this one specially written for him.haha.medyo nagblush siya.He still remembers you as Hazel and also Mervs of Pinoy adventurista :)) just sharing :)

-Kristianne :)

Journeying Pinay said...

Thank you Kristianne. natuwa naman ako at nagblush sya. ahaha. kumpleto pa talaga ang name ko as "Hazel". Hindi sya tekkie so i wonder pano nya mababasa yung link na to. :) Am sure you enjoyed your tour with him.

Unknown said...

how much ang rate ni kuya joam?

Joey said...

Hello there Journeying Pinay,

Thank you for this post. This gave a smile on my face :)
I am the older brother of Joam.

I really appreciate your kind words.
I am planning a website for Joam, too.

All the best!

Journeying Pinay said...

you may contact hm in the number above ian.

Journeying Pinay said...

hello joey. good this post made you smile. youre welcome. your brother joam deserve all the kind words as he is kind and gentle. hope all is well with you.