Thursday, July 19, 2012

Vigan: Where the Town Explorer Lives


Vigan had always been a romantic place for me. I love walking along those streets with parallel cobble-stoned houses, where you can sit and talk a while on those antique-looking benches lined up on the elevated sidewalk. The horse’s metal protective footwear creates a sound so ancient such that when it hits the pavement, it sounds like it is dancing on a percussive instrument. It is a place of special cultural and physical significance.



Here lives a young man, a passionate writer and traveller. I have been seeing his posts flooding this exclusive group account of travel bloggers. And it was all about those towns in Ilocandia that I get to pass through when I go home to Claveria, Cagayan Valley to visit my mom.





He wrote with cool-ness. Not that he is not warm. But his articles make a place so different in the eyes of those who have been there. And to those who live there. His words capture you and hook you into reading every piece of his writing. He describes a place in greatness that it deserves. Unexplored, untouched, unearthed. 




A simple man, with a simple camera, he is able to capture the unseen sights of this place and its nearby towns. With his motorbike, he brings himself to a halt, looks at the distinct, and then shoots.  His curiosity had lead him to snooping at some more towns that he and his motorcycle can reach on a holiday.



My heart was full of joy when he openly welcomed me to his hometown. He is sensible, proper, and willing. I am sure that his motorbike will carry him where no one has ever been to before. I am waiting to see what he will discover subsequently. Am convinced you do too. And you will admire him for that. Besides, what’s the essence of him being named that way? Edmar-ation. Am sure you will get strangulated with how he travels. Then after that, his writing will guide you to that place and set your spirits free.



Just like where he lives, in this heritage city of the north, Vigan, Edmar is beyond doubt, adoring, warm and not a hopeless romantic.

********************************************
This post is for Edmar of http://www.edmaration.com/

3 comments:

Pinoy Adventurista said...

How i wish i also met Edmar when i visited Vigan last May... yun lang, dumaan lang kami dyan dor dinner eh... hehehe! hopefully next time... :)

Journeying Pinay said...

hi Mervs. he will surely accommodate you and you can backride in his motorbike.

Edmar del Castillo Guquib said...

Hey ya! Thanks for featuring my hometown <3

I saw some facebook friends (whom I haven't met in person yet) sharing this post, makes me feel dignified, LOL! hahaha.

Cheers Journeying Pinay!!!