Saturday, August 4, 2012

Malaybalay, Bukidnon: Life-Giving Waterfalls


The cerebral storms in the four-walled room overdosed my senses. Those hours filled my brain cells with greens, instead. The trip to the hills the weekend before marked my thoughts with nothing but scenery. The thrill hurried my heart to beat like crazy. That I could not control. Then, there I was, powerless. Fighting it hardly, to pack, catch and fly. It almost stopped. That nearly gotten me stuck for good, forever.

Reflections crammed my mind.  Choosing to miss it would have been unforgiving. To choose wholeheartedly would entail accidental outflow. But what would I do with all the abundance?

Arriving in a familiar place at a quarter before midnight would trouble a highlander, who had patiently waited a long time just to glimpse the lady who almost did not make it.  Rugged, with a backpack, and heading to a 3-hour ride to a mountainous terrain, a local adventurer who happened to be seated beside me could not help it and asked, “Which mountain are you climbing?” I answered, “I don’t know. But I like to see waterfalls!”

A midnight-morn snooze was enough for my body to awaken in this chilly weather. The clock was ticking, and my body hungered for adventure.

The green façade exuded fresh blast of air; the smell of the trees and its barks filled me; the gentle breeze caressed my skin.




The sight of the spring made the adrenaline inside me hustle into the tips of my fingers and made me shiver in anticipation. The short hike was simple, at first. But walking down slope froze my feet, and left me screaming. Hugging the logs and gripping those roots helped. I did not crawl. I was moving stealthily for my safety. Creeping is the most appropriate word.





The clear river reflected the colors of the forest. Deep within, one can see what is down under.




Every second was significant. Wading thru the deep waters to get to the mouth of the falls cooled my bones.




The trickling water is like a fan, dripping from the rocky mountain enlivened my sleeping spirits, battered by the world of unbelievable realities.

The rush of water dashing through the slope was drumming melodies in my ears. 










Waterfalls-hopping is like searching for surprises.






Hurrying to touch the drop of water caused my heart to throb in delight. Dwelling under this block that descends to a cascading stream refreshed my feelings of pleasure and optimism.






Getting drenched in bubbles invigorated each fraction of my essence.



Bouldering with bare hands and no harness, climbing beneath the plummeting waters, revived my guts. On top of the rock, holding on to wild vines & looking down to see the river, was intimidating. But it builds one to become fearless. Purely courageous.




My screams filled the silent lush forest. Shouts of wonder, valour and happiness exclaimed impulsively.

I could have been stuck forever, in inconceivable circumstances, which congested my heart to beat its normal rhythm. The waterfalls adventure did not only furnish my body the stimulation it deserved. But it has ascended me with another fresh life. To live, laugh and love. To enjoy life and continue my joyous journeys. 





************************************************
So grateful to my two handsome crazy highlanders 
of Bukidnon, Ben http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000116103209
& Tupe http://www.trekero.blog.com/




16 comments:

Pinoy Adventurista said...

This is the first time I've read a post on this waterfalls... gusto ko 'to puntahan Heiz!!! inggit much ako... :)

Journeying Pinay said...

Go Mervs. Be safe and bring buddies when you go. It is unscathed and has remained wild. :D I did not even mention which falls it is. So that it retains its natural, untouched beauty. Aga Muhlach i think had shown this on TV.

Bonzenti |Con Tour Blog said...

Thank you heiz for visiting one of our gems in Malaybalay City. Sayang lang at hindi kami nakasama ni earl. At least you expose it through blogging. I am sure, many of us PTB will follow your steps in re-discovering this place.

Journeying Pinay said...

Youre welcome Bonz. It was indeed a gem. wild and untouched. You can always go there, it is so near to you. If i live there, i will go there everyday and chill. oh, i dd not even put where it is found. ahaha. Sikreto. ahaha.

darwin | TrackingTreasure said...

i felt like reading a novel..galing! :)

sana mapuntahan namin yan pagpunta namin sa Bukidnon :)

Earl (Suroy Pilipinas) said...

Well written Heiz. This place is actually part of the town next to Malaybalay and I think it is a protected area of the DENR . Thanks for exploring Bukidnon beyond the usual Dahilayan. At naka-experience ka talaga ng real adventures with two hardcore adventuristas. I'm sure this post would entice others to explore more of my home province. See you around soon! : )

Journeying Pinay said...

Thanks Darwin. Am glad you enjoyed reading it. It is a must that you go. It is easy to go t this falls. and i think it is a much worthy experience than the usual. Enjoy!

Journeying Pinay said...

Thank you Earl. Yes, it is Impasug-ong. I tild Tupe when he asked about my itinerary, that I am not doing the common. and that I am a waterfalls fanatic :D. Agree with the "hardcore" adventurers. haha. I had a great time!

Journeying Pinay said...

*told

tupe said...

so poetic... i see triumph behind defeat. flight behind creeping. and _______ behind _______.

Journeying Pinay said...

Tupe!!! effortless dude. ahaha. let me fill the blanks. admiration behind curiosity. naks! <3 Thanksyah!

Unknown said...

Ay gusto ko makita ito!!!! :-)

WANDER SHUGAH said...

Thanks for visiting one of the hidden gems of our home province! :) I love your pure passion in seeking the hidden and wild paths.

Journeying Pinay said...

the hidden and wild paths are the best to savor. the virginity of the unscathed touches ones soul with pure serenity and adds strength to my heart. adds years to my life! more joyous journeys for you Shugah! Wander!

Unknown said...

Hi, I really enjoyed reading your travel blog over the weekend! Your post about http://journeyingpinay.blogspot.com/ is wonderful. I work with Rachna Dave, who is a travel writer forCheapOair Travel Blog. She covers many travel topics in a creative and engaging manner. She recently wrote an article titled 15 beach getaways in Thailand and would like to offer you the content for your website.

If you would like to post this article on your blog, we would be happy to allow you to guest blog on one of our sites that include:

http://www.cheapoairtravelblog.com/
http://www.funfoodandtravel.com/
http://www.maidenexpedition.com/

If you are interested in working with me, please contact me as quickly as possible as our content is picked up rather quickly. We also provide our partners with highly targeted research in the form of infographics, videos, ebooks, and articles.

Your time is greatly appreciated. I look forward to building a mutually beneficial partnership with you!

Sincerely,

Kundan Kumar
Integrated Marketing
CheapOair.com
kundan.kumar@cheapoair.com
Traveler of the Year

Unknown said...

Hi! Do you happen to have the contact number of the persons who catered your trip to this waterfalls??


Thanks.

Mark tan
09173270703
tangent88@gmail.com